Thursday, February 12, 2009

Transformations

I have been on the prowl for a "new" sofa. One of my friends posted on facebook that she was giving away her porch couches. I contemplated them for awhile because they makeup a decent, mid century sectional which makes them quite versatile and...the best part, they are FREE! I ruled them out for a couple of reasons, mostly because they were outside, and while covered, there is no telling how many feral cats have lived out their dreams on or around these couches. Another reaso being that together, they would be to long to fit into my living room and it would akward to have a sofa that is obviously missing it's other half, right? Right...until I came up with design transformation:
Photobucket

I thought I could build a table on one side and out some short spindle legs to lighten the piece and Voile! I thought some simple/neutral fabric would be nice since so much of my stuff is heavily patterned. I want something that is be tone on tone. I would prefer a nice tweed but I didn't come across any great pieces while I was scowling textile sites today. I think I will do a drive by tomorrow and see how filthy the sofas are (or are not, hopefully) and go from there. The inspiration couch came from ebay. Get a close up of the fabrics from (left-right) Studio Bon Textiles, Elanbach: Fabrics from Wales, and Of the Young & the Restless

No comments: