Monday, February 9, 2009

Art School

More 'spring cleaning' I found a folder with some images from my first etching class. I decided that etching was just to time consuming and I needed something more immediate so I began Serigraphy and fell in love (Plus I adore combining technology and art and I became a huge fan of Adobe Illustrator). I love the line quality you can achieve through etching but again, working with acid and toxic hard/soft ground wasn't for me. I did spill hard ground all over my legs and feet one day...the single occasion in which I had a skirt on YAY, go me! Without further ado:
Oh, I found some linoleum prints in the same folder, they were the first project we did in Etching to get us accustom to using/adjusting the press. I think these are fun and graphic but they don't capture the greatness that is lino cutting (they lack the mark making needed to create a successful lino cut).

These are circa 2006.

No comments: