Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I Heart Classic Cars

I grew up around classic cars. My mom inherited her grandpa's car which was purchased new off of the showroom floor in 1966. It's a 1967 Nova SS (which is odd considering my great-grandfather was in his late 60's when he made the purchase, guess it was a delayed mid-life crisis) and today it only has 80k original miles, it's a Beaut! While I love the nostalgia and history of my mom's car I still claim my dad's 1967 Chevelle SS (396 big block). There is just something about that car, perhaps the big engine and the torque that the Nova lacks, but I love it! Unlike my mom's car, the Chevelle needs a restore but my dad has been to tight to fork out the money. Maybe someday I will make enough money to spot him and then we can really enjoy it. Here's a peak:

No comments: