Monday, March 9, 2009

Weekend Crafting

This weekend I was pretty unproductive but I did accomplish one craft project. I wish I could say that it was easy and I breezed through it but this was not the case. I made template after template but I still didn't get it quite right. I have decided to hide the jagged edges on both the top and bottom of the shade with a simple grosgrain ribbon but I didn't have any lying around.
I used wrapping paper from target and spray adhesive to glue the paper to the shade. I like the surprise aspect of the paper lining but after I finished I realized that when the lamp is off the shape of the shade is all wrong for the lamp. I couldn't pass up the $5 shade from IKEA but now I wish it had a barrel shade. For now, they are a little jazzed up but I will be looking for a different shape of shade. Toodles!





No comments: