Monday, March 23, 2009

Ideas

Here is a rough sketch of my backyard and the plans I have for the patio. I'm still not sure what to do with the flower beds or which plants are best for this region. Behind my house there are some apartments so I would like to plant something along the back fence line that will stay green all year and won't grow taller than 12-15' (because of the utility lines). I would love any ideas from the green thumbs out there. It's Oklahoma so we have pretty brutal summers and usually a mild winter (with occasional freezes).
This is the best photo of the back yard I could find. I will try to update with a better photo although the grass hasn't turned green yet, so it won't look at pretty.

Here are a few things I would like to incorporate but I'm not sure that the styles are cohesive enough. I would like to keep the patio furniture and accessories minimal to accentuate the flora I plan to grow. The Fire pit is from Blomus. It's such a sleek, modern design but so far out of my budget. I have some ideas for a DIY fire pit, fingers crossed. The glider reminds me of the one my grandmother has on her back porch and I have always loved it, also out of my budget; it's on my garage sale list!


I don't remember what site this pattern sheet came from (apologies) but I thought it may come in handy for pavers as well as craft projects. The colors and designs are lovely!

No comments: