Thursday, March 5, 2009

Priorities

My mom and I saw this really fancy gazelle sculpture at a fabric store in Texas last summer. It was damaged and in a close out area but they still had it marked pretty high so we decided against it. Plus, the missing horn was no where to be found so it better be pretty cheap it I am going to have to reconstruct an entire horn from paper mache.  

At the end of last year my mom made a trip back down to Texas to visit my grandfather and decided she would pick up the gazelle for my birthday. When she went back to bargain, the missing horn had miraculously appeared.  Apparently they did come off the marked  price (although I'm still not sure that it was a bargain) so my mom snagged it because it was to fun to pass up. We haven't had a chance to fix the horn yet but it is #1 on my list of craft projects. After all, it is in my living room and while the missing horn makes for a conversation piece it must be fixed ASAP. This weekend I will be studying wheat paste formulas and paper mache construction. I did come across some amazing paper mache pumpkins last Halloween and I think it will come in very handy for this project.


No comments: