Thursday, May 14, 2009

Vanishing Point

Last night I watched "Vanishing Point" and somehow I managed to stay awake for the duration of the movie (quite a feat, mind you). My dad had given me a copy of the movie and told me he saw it in theatre when he was about 13. He also warned that he didn't condone the nudity in the film, gotta love parents. I will warn, it does have a naked chick riding a motorcycle for those of you that try to be on the up-and-up but for those of you who take a little convincing it maybe a selling point. Either way give it a chance. It starts off a little slow and the quality of the movie isn't great but that's just the 70's. It ended up being a decent movie, 3/5 stars for the average movie viewer and 4 for car fans.

I have always been a fan of fast cars but this movie exhibited the urge I get when I'm on the open road. Maybe I just need incentive, like Kowalski, a bet, something to make me forget the consequences and just floor it. The flick also fueled my lust for the new Challenger even though they are overpriced and somewhat under powered (when compared to it's counterparts, Camaro, Mustang). Check it out if you get a chance and you enjoy "quasi-old" films.

Just for fun: here.
and...there are also other people who found inspiration from this film. If I can't convince you maybe Chris Cornell and Tom Morello can (I believe this was the video you were trying to recall):

Audioslave - Show Me How To Live (Official Music Video) - The top video clips of the week are here

No comments: