Wednesday, May 6, 2009

One last thing...

In light of the Camaro post I thought I would throw in a bio of my parents rides. I have posted about them in the past but I decided they were worthy of another post with better photos. Meet dad's car, the '67 Chevelle SS:
This car is indeed, an original 396 SS car. Awhile back we became suspicious about the integrity of the SS so we checked the vin and it's not a clone.YAY!This car is in desperate need of a restoration. It has some rust behind the back windshield and on the fender wells. A resto isn't on my dad's priority list so if anyone is willing to throw money at a car full of potential beauty and perfection, here's your chance! My dad's car has seen better days but it's still a piece of rolling muscle.


Next, my mom's car, a '67 Nova SS or Chevy II.
This car has a 283 small block v-8 with an 2-speed powerglide transmission and it's zippy. It has a lot of history considering it's been in our family since it came off the showroom in 1966. After my great grandpa became to old to drive his son took the car which ended up being handed down to my mom. This car is near perfection with only 80k original miles! It even has it's original drum breaks (which isn't good, the one thing I wouldn't trade is ABS). I think that concludes my infatuation with the idea of his/hers classic rides, now I just need to advocate for "no stop signs, or speed limits!"

No comments: