Saturday, May 2, 2009

Summer Revisited

Last summer we had a big family reunion and it was a lot of fun. I know family reunions can be really lame but this one was pretty exciting. I got to see people I hadn't seen in ten years and now that I'm older I really enjoy hearing the family history. We had family from near and far (South Carolina, California, Texas, and even Sweden!) and the location was beautiful. This was my maternal side and they don't miss a 'happy hour' so it can get pretty interesting. I made the shirts (oh, how I miss my screen printing days), there were 2 different styles:
[Me.Mom's mom. Mom. Aunt.]
[Grandma's husband. Cousin. Grandma.]
I wish I had a detail photo but I can't find one. It was the "Belt" reunion and they had a clothing store in Coffeyville, Kansas so that was the theme. I used a photo of the storefront and an old advertisement for the designs. I wanted to print something they could wear again so it couldn't be to personalized. [Dad.Mom.Me. Brother.]
I thought this was a decent family pic. Looking back I notice that I am the only one in my family that values sunscreen. Contrast is one of the designs elements but I don't think pasty counts.

No comments: