Sunday, April 5, 2009

Weekend Work

This weekend we worked in the back yard. We aerated, laid some flea/tick pesticide and spread some grass seed. We also took down a stump and an odd, pole that I suspect once held a satellite dish. I bought a purple-leaf plum tree and planted it and I'm amazed at how much better the yard looks. We also marked and figured the dimensions of our future patio. I am still having a difficult time deciding on what to use (concrete of pavers). Here are some photos:
I am also trying to decide on what type of bushes to plan along the back fence line. I don't like the apartments looking into my backyard of my house. I need my privacy! There are some rose bushes there now, which I am trying to find a new home for. There are a couple of tiny red tipped Photinias but they aren't growing fast enough for me.What to do, what to do....

No comments: