Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Looking in the Rear View

I feel like I'm always looking in the rear view. I have this attraction to the past but as of late I have realized the only thing I really have a handle on (and that's questionable) is the present. As hard as it has been for me to accept that, it has been a surprisingly gratifying experience (thus far). I have been noticing little things I have never noticed, such as: how music feels different at certain times of the day or in different rooms and (to throw in a visual) this tree. I drive right by the tree everyday and I have never realized how unusual it is. For the many things I am trying to purge from my life I have opened up positive space for new things that were once minuscule. Again, Sorry for the bad photo (phone). Just look at that clear sky!

No comments: