Thursday, January 29, 2009

Dreaming Big

I have been on the hunt for a "new" sofa for awhile. The one I have is older than I am although my mom and I reupholster it and fixed some of the broken springs about 4 years ago. Needless to say, it has outlived its comfort. I don't have a lot of cash so I am debating just building a simple frame and making some cushions. I like the idea of having a single cushion, I hate having 3 cushions it's just not that cozy. I have been searching for ideas and most of the mid century daybeds seem pretty simple but chic. Another stipulation is the couch must go with these chairs I found at an estate sale:


I wanted to recover them but the fabric has grown on me and it's very nice condition with the exception of some fading. I think I may eventually recover them but at this point I want to spend the extra dough on the couch. If I were rich and famous I would probably bye one of these couches (although I am not fond of the color white for a couch...not practical, but the silhouette is amazing):
The white one is from Jonathan Adler and the blue/gray is from Room and Board

No comments: