Friday, June 6, 2008

Maserati

This is work from my screen printing class-Spring of 2008:
Photobucket
Photobucket

This work was inspired by the Joe Walsh Song "Life's Been good." This is printed canvas that has been streched on to a frame. The orangish/red cars have been cut out,stuffed with poly-fil and stiched to create a crafty and feminine quality. It represent the line 'My Maserati does 185, I lost my license now I don't drive..." Not only is the dichotomy of male and female play a significant role in my work I am also influenced by the past. In my screenprinting you will see that music from the past serves as a point of reference in my work mostly because the car culture becomes part of the music. Not only a personal connection and comment on male vs. female but also a tribute to Joe Walsh!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Kate Kettner said...

bjz, we should get together soon! i know about your blog....